Friday, March 11, 2011

Update 3/11/2011

Dana Celebrating her MOST special Bday
February 2011
Click to Donate to Dana "Doo"

A Word From Dana:
The recovery from my stroke has been long, but continues on the right path. Since the stroke, however, I have been experiencing side effects that are not related to a stroke related brain injury.  I have been getting dizzy and light headed, wake up with awful headaches and migraines constantly, have little to no short term memory, and my vision has progressively gotten worse since Oct.  Last Tues, I fell.  I fell and smacked my forehead on the hardwood.  Vanessa and I were worried so we went to the doctor to figure out...WTH was going on.  My doc took my some blood, and had me do another C.T. scan.  Well, my blood-work came back OK, but my C.T. scan...not so good.
My primary care doctor and I are getting everything together and on Monday I will be going to a new Neurologist to diagnose the issue and to determine what steps to take from here. As far as work is concerned, I am at for the very least for another month, my doctor wants to keep a close eye on me, and when it is determined what is going on, we will know more.  I want to wait until after Monday to post anything about what was found, so that we can be sure.  Thank you guys so much for your continued prayers and concern.  Please continue to keep me and Vanessa in your daily thoughts and prayers...it seems as though when things start go get a bit better, we find ourselves back a handful of steps. 

Click to Donate to Dana "Doo"

From Yani:
Thanks to the help of Family, Friends and Perfect Strangers Dana was able to keep up with her medical care and living expenses while out of work due to the stroke.  She returned to work on Jan 10th only to have the above incident take place, taking her back out of work.  It's been a roller coaster ride for this friend of ours! 
The Neurologist will cost $300-$350 upfront for the first visit.... No telling yet how many visits or tests to follow, but we do know that the stroke has aggravated this brain defect causing the complications mentioned by Dana and keeping her out of work. 
I am once again sharing her story, in hopes that you will find it in your hearts to help her. If you know Vanessa or Dana you know that asking for help isn't something they do well.  Both have a great deal of pride and have done everything they can to make ends meet, but with this new news they are finding themselves in a struggle.  They can not meet the financial needs of medical help Dana is needing.  I think a friend of Dana's put it best when she said "You are down to choosing between your Pride and your Health".  With exactly those thoughts Dana has had to put her pride second to her needs and asked that I put this blog out once again (not an easy decision for her). 
I realize many of you are already reaching deep into your pockets for other charities which are currently fundraising, I know times are tough and gas is high... Could you imagine what it would be like to have your current financial situation and then be thrown a curve ball like this?  To be fighting for your health without the financial means to, without insurance, without being ALLOWED to work?...  Not easy.  Please know that even a donation of $5 adds up to help cover these medical needs.  Whatever you can! And if you can't, please re-post this blog.  Maybe someone else can. :) God Bless!
Click to Donate to Dana "Doo"

No comments:

Post a Comment